Photograph: Panorama retrieved
A number of days ago, the regime expressed its hope about the constructive influx that the go to of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights might have on its status. After the publication of Michelle Bachelet’s report this Thursday, now the regime “categorically” rejects its content and in addition blames the United States. In a plot twist that’s fairly just like another train of psychological projection, the Overseas Ministry’s statement denounces American cynicism (apparently they shouldn’t speak about human rights); claiming the diligence and firmness with which they’ve never punished a human rights abuser, and saying that it’s admissible for a authorities to keep clandestine detention facilities for torture. However don’t worry, in accordance with the statement, nothing would forestall chavismo from intensifying its “democratic model.”
The 70 observations
As traditional, the regime’s greatest and first response is discrediting the UNHCHR’s report, claiming methodological weaknesses in its creation, the privilege of sources “that lack objectivity,” as well as inaccuracies, decontextualizations and faux affirmations, claiming that the doc “completely ignores the accomplishments and progress” reached on human rights. Allegedly, the report doesn’t acknowledge the regime for measures that positively impression the financial system, akin to the ‘carnet de la patria’ (which is actually discrimination,) the subsidy of public providers (which ruined operational capacity and upkeep) and the cost of pensions, for $5 a month!, and the Central Financial institution continues to concern money that further devalues the bolivar. Regardless of the knowledge, they assume that the use of the time period humanitarian disaster is inappropriate, they deny the food disaster in addition to the disaster in the healthcare system, very offended as a result of the report mentions the reappearance of controlled or eradicated illnesses, once they managed to maintain Zika beneath control. The regime denies the dying of 40 individuals during the electric disaster in March, as a result of hospitals have power turbines.
Gobierno Bolivariano de Venezuela presenta 70 observaciones al informe de la Alta Comisionada de la ONU para los DDHHhttps://t.co/KbLvMK9Ljo pic.twitter.com/BwVKOjz1WK
— Cancillería Venezuela (@CancilleriaVE) July 4, 2019
Relating to indigenous peoples, the regime claims that they’ve granted 102 collective property titles to native communities, but they don’t deny the lack of legislative representatives or the massacres. Given the duty to adopt measures to overcome the financial crisis, they demand the lifting of sanctions. They blithely argue that they’ve shut down media retailers because their concessions had expired, and expelled overseas journalists had vacationer visas as an alternative of work visas. And political persecution and repression towards dissidents?, they don’t deny them, they only claim that the violent actions carried out by the opposition since 2002 have been omitted. The persecution towards Nationwide Assembly lawmakers comes because they’ve attacked Nicolás. They admit, with smaller figures, the dramatic homicide charges and the complaints towards FAES officers for their “excesses”. The regime insisted that the variety of Venezuelan migrants is exaggerated. Every item explains how chavismo operates, how they argue and the way they impose themselves, confirming their complete disinterest for modifying their policies. The document is an admission of duty for the human rights state of affairs in the nation.
Black panther, Padrino and Maikel
Manuel Cristopher Figuera spoke once once more, as the intelligence officer educated in Cuba and Belarus who “started to lose faith” and who’s now in Washington looking for revenge towards Nicolás, serving to with the investigation of corruption and human rights violations, though at the least for AP, it’s not clear whether or not he has evidence to help his claims. On this outlet, he detailed direct order from Nicolás to commit abuses, including arbitrary detentions and forging proof to incriminate dissidents. He claimed that the most arbitrary order was that of disturbing Juan Guaidó’s intimate circle to break his morale, accepting duty for being concerned in the arrest of Roberto Marrero and different arbitrary detentions. Figuera restated that he made an exit plan for Nicolás along with Vladimir Padrino López and Maikel Moreno, and claimed that he keeps in contact with high-ranking officers “who despise Maduro but are afraid to act (…) in many ways, I’m still counterintelligence director,” he stated.
- The Prosecutor’s Workplace indicted Táchira Cops Javier Useche Blanco and Henry Hernández for annoyed malicious murder, inappropriate use of institutional weapon and merciless remedy, for the case of teenager Rufo Chacón.
#AHORA el @MinpublicoVE acaba de imputar por los delitos de HOMICIDIO CALIFICADO CON ALEVOSIA Y MOTIVOS FUTILES EN GRADO DE FRUSTRACIÓN, USO INDEBIDO DE ARMA ORGANICA Y TRATO CRUEL: a los funcionarios Javier Useche Blanco y Henry Hernández en perjuicio del joven RUFO CHACON
— Tarek William Saab (@TarekWiliamSaab) July four, 2019
- Another measure to counterbalance Bachelet’s report, was having State media retailers promote that “national and international social movements” denounced the “blockade imposed on Venezuela by the United States government.”
- Nicolás needs to implement a brand new cost system by way of QR code (to enable transactions of products and providers without relying on Visa and Mastercard) and guarantee financial institution accounts for 100% of Venezuelans. He approved the opening of cashiers to operate in petros and introduced a special service to trade foreign currency for bolivars by way of Banco de Venezuela.
- Later, clearly affected by the UNHCHR’s report, he lied about healthcare achievements, saying that 6,500 vaccination factors will remain open, however claiming that he fulfilled 91% of the vaccination objective towards poliomyelitis and, as if it was a huge figure, he promised Bs. 3.9 billions for the company Vensalud, for the repair of medical gear.
Celebro el éxito de la Jornada de Vacunación de las Américas, que alcanzó el 91% de vacunación en nuestras niñas y niños. Continuaremos este gran esfuerzo en 6 mil 500 centros permanentes de vacunación, una verdadera acción de carácter humanitario en beneficio de nuestro pueblo. pic.twitter.com/LnATGxkmWU
— Nicolás Maduro (@NicolasMaduro) July 5, 2019
Actions on the board
- Cuban “President” Miguel Díaz Canel promised to maintain supporting Nicolás with out submitting to the unilateral measures utilized by the U.S.
Seguiremos apoyando a la #RevoluciónBolivariana sin someternos a las medidas unilaterales y violatorias del Derecho Internacional aplicadas por #EEUU #SomosCuba
Bloqueo: Estados Unidos anuncia sanciones a la estatal cubana Cubametales por apoyo a Maduro https://t.co/sOPY8ebiuS
— Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez (@DiazCanelB) July 4, 2019
- America denied Venezuelan the risk to call Turkey as its protector State for the embassy in Washington.
- Pope Francis and Russian President Vladimir Putin spoke this Thursday about the state of affairs in Venezuela, Syria and Ukraine, during assembly that lasted virtually an hour in the Vatican, based on the Holy See.
El papa Francisco (@Pontifex_es) y el presidente de Rusia, Vladímir Putín, hablaron hoy sobre la situación de Venezuela, Siria y Ucrania, durante la reunión que ambos mantuvieron en el Vaticano #VocesySonidos.
— BluRadio Colombia (@BluRadioCo) July four, 2019
- Irwin LaRocque, basic secretary of the Caribbean Group (Caricom), claimed that the group maintains a posture of non-interference in the Venezuelan disaster.
- The Inter American Commission of Human Rights acquired a proper invitation from Gustavo Tarre Briceño, Venezuelan ambassador before the OAS, to go to Venezuela “in loco” to guage the human rights state of affairs, establish particular investigation mechanisms for the critical incidents relating to torture, and for the homicide of corvette captain Rafael Acosta Arévalo and other prisoners.
La @CIDH ha recibido una invitación para visitar a #Venezuela. pic.twitter.com/I4w68utdqH
— CIDH (@CIDH) July four, 2019
The 4th International Technical Meeting about Human Mobility was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, to discuss the state of affairs of refugees and migrants in Venezuela. “The ongoing exodus of refugees and migrants from Venezuela surpasses the countries’ capacities, this brings an immediate challenge,” stated Eduardo Stein, joint special consultant for the International Organization of Migrations and the UN Refugee Agency. Argentine Overseas Minister Jorge Faurie stated that Venezuelan immigration “is an emergency like our region has never known,” and “the crisis caused by the Maduro regime is the origin of all this chaos.” In this meeting, ambassador Elisa Totta Gamus introduced the proposal of a Regional Mobility Card for Venezuelans instructed by David Smolansky and Luis Almagro to make it easier for migrants to move throughout Latin America.
Esta es la propuesta de Tarjeta de Movilidad Regional para venezolanos presentada por Argentina en la IV Reunión Técnica Internacional del Proceso de Quito, que atiende también a la recomendación del Grupo de Trabajo de la OEA. #4Jul pic.twitter.com/H6SzrtvoAa
— Elisa Trotta Gamus (@EliTrotta) July four, 2019
Caracas Chronicles is 100% reader-supported. Help unbiased Venezuelan journalism by making a donation.
Bitcoin & Crypto
The publish My Way or the Highway appeared first on Caracas Chronicles.